Monday 18 August 2014

New dials/gauges.




I had a bit of spare time in my lunch hour today, so I decided to make a start on the dials. As you can see in the picture above, id fitted a white dial kit many many years back and it had long since faded into orange. So I bought a new set of lockwood white dials and fitted them. Its a pretty easy job if you take your time over it. The clear perspex front is held on by 4 clips top & 4 clips at the bottom, pop them off and you can get to the dials as above. The speedo & the rev counter have 2 small screws holding the face in. The other 3 gauges use small rivets. The needles can be levered off using a fork from the kitchen! But, make sure you note the position of the needles before you pop them off.




As you can see, the improvement with the finished result is much better. Above is a spare set of OE gauges I have. I swapped some of the needles over as mine were a bit more faded, but you can see in the pic above just how faded the OE dials get. You can get a replica set of OE dials from the RTOC website. They are made by lockwood who made my white dials above.

Pic below of the finished item fitted back in the car. I just need to screw it down at the top. You can also see the OMEX shift lights. Im going to glue that to the underside of the sun shield top part of the speedo housing. It should look fine there.






No comments:

Post a Comment